Late last week, Signia announced the launch of its latest version of its instant-fit, Silk, completely-in-canal (CIC) hearing aids: Silk Nx. The new device is approximately twenty percent smaller than its predecessor, and includes new features from the Nx hearing aid technology platform.
As an instant-fit solution, the Silk Nx devices use disposable soft-silicone Click Sleeves to offer a variety of sizes to fit a wide range of ears. A new xS size has also been added to increase fit rates.
The design of the new Silk Nx allows for an immediate fit, without the wait time of a typical custom hearing aid. The devices take advantage of Signia’s binaural OneMic directionality technology for improved performance in noisy environments.
Other key features include:
- Ultra HD e2e is a continuous, full bandwidth, link between ears with audio processing and data exchange
- TwinPhone, enabling wearers to put a phone up to one ear and hear the call through both hearing aids.
- Contralateral routing of signal (CROS) technology option, Silk Nx hearing aids include wireless transmitters that transfer sound from the unaidable ear to the better ear, enabling the wearer to hear from both sides.
- Compatibility with Telecare 3.0, as well as Signia’s touchControl App™ that allows users to control their hearing instruments from their Android or iOS smartphone without the need for any additional hardware.
- Tinnitus sounds can also be programmed using the new Silk Nx devices, including Notch Therapy, Static Noises or Ocean Noises
- Optional miniPocket remote control is also available
In addition to the convenience of instant-fittings, professionals are likely to appreciate the device’s compatibility with the Noahlink Wireless programming device.
Source: Sivantos, Signia