Australian audio-wearable maker, Nuheara, launched their flagship IQbuds™ hearable at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada. The production of the IQbuds are the result of a highly successful 2016 Indiegogo funding campaign, which saw the company vastly exceed its fundraising goal.
Initial backers of the device have already received them, but the company says their new hearable will be ready for shipment to the general public in March 2017.
“Our IQbuds have been tested on thousands of consumers who are delighted they can finally have solutions to hear what they want to hear – from great quality music to ‘pub deafness’. We are extremely proud that we’re shipping on time, as promised, and less than twelve months after our first prototype and seven months from the conclusion of our initial crowdfunding campaign.” –Justin Miller, CEO and co-founder of Nuheara
The company says their technology allows the user to completely augment and control their audio environment to hear what they want to hear.
IQbuds: Feature Rich Hearable
The new hearables come with a number of advanced features, including an app that allows the end user to control how they hear the world around them and connect to their digital devices.
Some of the features found within IQbuds, such as noise reduction, are likely familiar to hearing professionals and hearing aid users.
Among the features found within the IQbuds are:
- Speech Amplification – Multiple microphones enhance a user’s ability to hear speech in crowded restaurants, parties, etc.
- Dynamic Noise Reduction — Nuheara’s proprietary SINC™ (Super Intelligent Noise Cancellation) technology helps selectively tune in or tune out the world around you.
- High Fidelity Sound – The IQbuds are said to deliver high fidelity sound, comparable to over-the-ear headphones.
- “Blended” Hearing – Users can choose the best audio blend of digital music and the sounds around you for situational awareness.
- Secure Fit — Sweat-proof, water resistant and designed for all-day comfort.
- Tap Touch Control – Users can navigate between the IQbuds features with simple tap touch control on the ear. This feature gives you control of music, phone calls and the ability to easily modify the listening experience without having to even touch your phone.
- Battery Life – Nuheara has achieved the best battery life currently available in a hearable device. A single charge of IQbuds™ provides 16 hours of on-the-go Bluetooth streaming and 32 hours of on-the-go hearing augmentation.
According to the company announcement, when the new devices go on sale to the public next month, they will retail at $299 per pair.