Swiss startup, Fennex, has released an updated version of their Augmented Hearing App, which allows users to turn their wireless Apple AirPods, or wired EarPods, into personal amplifiers. The app is currently available for free download.
Fennex’s app is said to be the only one designed specifically for Apple’s AirPods, which have becoming an increasingly popular alternative to traditional headphones following the company’s controversial decision to remove the headphone jack with the release of the iPhone 7 in September 2016.
Fennex App Features
When user’s first download the Augmented Hearing App, they can then take a quick hearing screening to help customize their listening experience. User’s can then select from various listening scenes (meeting, car, dining) or choose to amplify and adjust the sound in a customized mode.
The app includes features, such as:
* Volume Boost: Amplify the sound around you
* Balance: Regulate the volume of the left and right speaker
* Compression: Apply sound compression to amplify or limit sounds
* Sound Presence: Keep or remove high/low-pitched sounds
* Equalizer: Adapt treble, mid and bass sounds to personal hearing preferences
* Conversation Focus: Select among 4 different microphones (iPhone bottom or front, earphones built-in, external – e.g. AirPods)
“Fennex is for people with normal hearing or mild to moderate hearing loss that occasionally struggle in noisy situations and aren’t ready to spend up to $3000 for a hearing aid. You can focus on single or group conversations, balance sound reception between the left and right side of the speakers, boost volume, and adapt treble, mid, and bass. It’s a stylized win/win.”
–-Alex Mari, Fennex Co-Founder and CEO