Phonak’s popular Marvel hearing aids, launched in October 2018 as the first hearing aid to offer universal Bluetooth streaming connectivity, are now available in models offering telecoil. With universal Bluetooth streaming, the Audéo Marvel devices remains the only hearing aids capable of direct audio streaming from countless Bluetooth enabled devices in stereo sound, including Android smartphones, which account for 86% of smartphones worldwide1.
According to a recent survey2 conducted by Phonak:
- 95% of hearing care professionals (HCPs) would recommend Marvel hearing aids to their peers
- 92% stated the biggest advantage of Marvel is the combination of universal connectivity and rechargeability without compromising on sound quality
- 90% of HCPs say Marvel hearing aids provide first-time wearers with exceptional sound quality from the first fit
Hearing aid wearers have also reported enjoyment of top-rated streamed sound quality3 along with the ability to take hands-free phone calls.
With the latest AutoSense OS 3.04, Marvel aids are more capable to recognize and automatically adapt to match more listening situations than even before. The myPhonak app allows users to have their hearing aids adjusted in real-time, in any situation, anywhere via videocall by the hearing care professional.
“Thousands of hearing care professionals around the world have directly experienced the benefit of exceptional sound quality from the first fit, better speech understanding in noise and the top-rated streamed sound quality of Phonak Marvel. This multifunctional hearing aid truly makes a difference in real-world situations and has a significant impact on people´s overall well being.”
–Martin Grieder, Group Vice President Marketing
Phonak Audéo M-13T and M-312T, Telecoil Models Expand Accessibility and Connectivity
Phonak is expanding upon Marvel’s wide-ranging connectivity solutions with the introduction of Audéo M-312T and Audéo M-13T. These models will offer the same features and connectivity of the original Audéo M models with the added benefits provided by a telecoil (T-coil).
Phonak has managed to produce the new T-coil models with only a 2mm increase in housing size. In fact, Audéo M-13T is virtually the same size as the original Audéo M-312 and has an improved battery life that allows wearers to enjoy a full week of hearing including streaming.
The new T-coil models provide direct connection to induction-loop systems. In recent years, the use of induction-loop systems has been expanded beyond its traditional use in theaters, houses of worship, and large auditoriums. Today, many communication environments are equipped for hearing aid wearers to connect via T-coil.
“Marvel has already become a must-have product for many hearing care professionals,” added Thomas Lang, Senior Vice President for Phonak. “Now, having Marvel with T-coil brings even more benefits to more patients, particularly in areas where hearing loops are common.”
SlimTip Titanium: Improved Durability and Fit Rate
In addition to the newly announced expansion of the Marvel family, Phonak also announced the introduction of its first ever SlimTip Titanium for all Marvel devices.
The new SlimTip Titanium is stronger than industry standard acrylic, is hypoallergenic, and comfortable to wear. The strength of titanium allows Phonak to design and print Titanium SlimTips as thin as 0.2mm.
The new SlimTip Titanium has been designed to increase the fit rate for smaller ears. An internal study5 conducted by Phonak has shown a 50% increase in fit rate for very small ears compared to traditional acrylic SlimTips. Because the titanium shells are half as thick as the acrylic, the new SlimTip Titanium can be made smaller for a secure, reliable fit. Moreover, hearing care professionals can now offer their patients a broader choice of solutions.
The Audéo M-312T, Audéo M-13T, and new Titanium SlimTips will be available as of February 26, 2019. All devices will be fully RogerDirect compatible, which is expected to be available later this Fall.
- Global mobile landscape 2016, eMarketer, November 2016
- Phonak market survey #1241 “Marvel Post Launch Research B2B”, survey conducted in Canada, Germany, USA, January 2019 (215 participants). Please contact email@example.com
- Legarth, S., Latzel, M., & Rodrigues, T. (2018). Media streaming: The sound quality wearers prefer. Phonak Field Study News, retrieved from www.phonakpro.com/evidence
- Rodrigues, T., & Liebe, S. (2018). AutoSense OS TM 3.0. The new & enhanced automatic operating system. Phonak Insight, retrieved from www.phonakpro.com/evidence, accessed October 16th, 2018.
- Phonak Internal Study 2018, SDS4.0 relative Fit-Rate Study February 2018