ORLANDO, FLORIDA — Hundreds of hearing professionals descended upon Orlando, Florida over the weekend to attend the inaugural Empower Conference to “learn, engage and stay current in the business of providing the best hearing care”. The event was held at the Disney Coronado Springs Resort.
“You’d be hard pressed to find a more comprehensive array of topics packed into a two day symposium,” said Brian Taylor, AuD, who was one of the speakers at the conference. “From soup to nuts, all aspects of practice management were covered, with most courses providing keen insights on the future of hearing care and technology.”
The Empower Conference was conceived as an opportunity for hearing health practice leaders to come together to learn, engage, and stay current in the business of providing the best hearing care. Our goal was to offer independent business owners an event where they could meet and collaborate with peers while challenging one another on issues and concerns that impact the industry, without political interests or conflicting agendas. We are thrilled by the initial positive response over the three days of the Conference and are looking forward to hearing more from attendees and exhibitors so that we can improve and adjust for the future.
–Scott Klein, Your Hearing Network President
A total of 97 individual learning sessions were available to attendees that participated during the event, amounting to 120 hours of instruction.
A wide variety of topics were discussed during the conference, ranging from practical strategies to grow your practice, to implementing patient-centered care and telehealth, to a number of industry “hot topics” like OTC regulations.
“Developments associated with OTC, Medicare, and Telehealth will influence how we reach consumers – and how you distinguish your practice for success,” said Oticon Inc. President, Gary Rosenblum, to conference participants. “In today’s changing marketplace, it has never been more important to differentiate the hearing healthcare that independent practitioners provide.”
“We decided to attend Empower to connect with practice owners who are looking to grow their businesses in innovative ways,” said Abram Bailey, AuD, of Hearing Tracker, one of the 43 exhibitors present at the conference.
- Nearly 450 Hearing Care Providers participated in the inaugural Empower Conference
- Approximately 650 attended overall (+ speakers, exhibitors, staff)
- 43 exhibitors participated including Oticon, Phonak, Signia, Widex, Unitron, Consult YHN, Ida Institute and many others
- 97 learning sessions were presented by 88 professionals, amounting to over 120 hours of instruction
- The Disney Institute pre-conference was attended by 135 participants who were presented a custom program on leadership and delivering customer experiences that differentiate independent practices from other hearing care options.
- Main Ballroom 60,000 sq. ft.; Expo Center 60,000 sq. ft.; Over 30,000 sq. ft. of breakout spaces; Total space utilized +150,000 sq. ft.
Source: Your Hearing Network
Leave a Reply