SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA — The National Acoustic Laboratories (NAL) is continuing its professional webinar series with 2 additional webinars in July. The new 15-minute live ‘Soundbites’ webinars showcase the organization’s latest and upcoming hearing research.
A Q&A session will take place after each webinar.
- Dr. Megan Gilliver: Using behavioural Insights to understand device technology decisions: What’s rationality got to do with it
- Tuesday 14th July, 3 PM, Los Angeles time
- Description: Behavioural Insights (BI) aims to explain how cognitive biases influence the decisions we make and our comfort in making them. This presentation focusses on clients’ decision-making when selecting between different levels of hearing aids, and the BI principles that contribute to the difficulties faced by clients and clinicians when discussing device choices. Our studies show how BI can be applied to facilitate informed decision-making, and to increase clients’ engagement with choosing the right level of hearing technology for them.
- Teagan Young: What People Want – What are the facilitators and barriers to providing post-fitting support to our clients?
- Thursday 28th July, 12:30 PM, Sydney time
- Description: In Australia most hearing rehabilitation services are provided face-to-face in a clinic or visiting site. The aim of this project was to investigate the barriers and facilitators between hearing aid users and face-to-face audiological services, in the period after hearing aid fitting, and to attempt to bridge that gap using new technology. This involved interviewing audiologists and people who use hearing aids to gain insights about the post fitting period and their views on using technology.