PISCATAWAY, NEW JERSEY — To bring further awareness around tinnitus, a condition affecting over 25 million Americans every year, Signia today announced it will host a virtual workshop on tinnitus treatment and research from June 23 – June 24, 2021.
The event is designed to help hearing care professionals, from independent private practice and medical audiology clinicians to AuD students, learn more about the options to treat tinnitus.
Today, millions of people around the country experience tinnitus due to a variety of causes. While there is not yet a cure, there are still proven ways for patients find relief.
Signia’s event offers attendees the opportunity to up to 0.9 CEUs (9 hours) and features four experts in tinnitus treatment and research: James Henry, PhD, Pawel Jastreboff, PhD, Sc.D., M.B.A., Christopher Spankovich, PhD and Richard Tyler, PhD.
The agenda of the event’s sessions can be found below:
June 23, 2021
- 4:00 – 5:00pm EST – Signia’s Complete Tinnitus Toolbox: Hearing Aids and Treatment Options Applied
- 5:15 – 7:15pm EST – A Holistic and Logical Tinnitus Management Protocol
- By Chris Spankovich, PhD
June 24, 2021
- 11:00am – 12:30pm EST – Hyperacusis Activities Treatment
- By Richard Tyler, PhD
- 1:00 – 2:30pm EST – Application of Tinnitus Retraining Therapy in Clinical Practice
- By Pawel J. Jastreboff, Ph.D., Sc.D., M.B.A.
- 3:00 – 4:30pm EST – Progressive Tinnitus Management (PTM) and Tele-PTM
- By James Henry, PhD
- 4:00 – 6:30pm EST – Tinnitus Protocols and Outcome Measures: Input from Expert Tinnitus Clinicians
For more information and to register for the virtual event, click here.
Signia is one of the world’s leading hearing aid brands. We aim to enhance human performance through iconic innovations and consumer-friendly designs that shape the hearing health market. Since its launch in 2016, Signia has regularly brought world-first hearing solutions to the market and is a pioneer in rechargeable hearing technology. In addition to highly innovative hearing aids, Signia also delivers tools and apps to increase customer interaction and engagement at all levels of hearing aid management. Signia, and its hearing care professionals, enable hearing aid wearers to not just correct hearing loss but to gain an edge – to Be Brilliant.