OTTAWA, ONTARIO — SHOEBOX® Ltd. announced today that it has launched a new online hearing screening test. SHOEBOX Online uses “patented Dynamic Range technology to produce an effective screening solution for web-based testing”.
SHOEBOX Online enables participants to remotely assess their hearing from any device – mobile phone, tablet, or laptop – and with headphones they already own. The test will sort participants into categories based on their hearing ability – good, hearing loss or significant hearing loss. SHOEBOX Online is a tool that can assist with qualifying, prioritizing and assessing participants’ hearing health.
“Currently available online hearing tests suffer from 3 critical flaws – they are inaccurate, hard to use, and are not optimized for mobile devices. We set out to build a test that solves these problems. Our mission is to expand access to hearing services by making testing available to anyone from anywhere on the planet.”
–Mike Weider, CEO of SHOEBOX Ltd
According to the company’s press release, what makes SHOEBOX Online different is:
- Data-driven online hearing screening test based on thousands of data points
- Built by the same team who developed our diagnostic audiometer
- Analyzed and mapped against 5 factors to ensure effective categorization
- Easy to use
- The test is intuitive and simple to execute offering the participants a great user experience
- Results are straightforward and easy for participants to understand. They provide education and motivation to take the next step in their hearing health journey.
- Mobile ready
- The test is optimized for both mobile and desktop (iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows) and can be taken from the comfort of a participant’s home, allowing businesses to reach their maximum possible audience
- SHOEBOX Online is mobile optimized to complement your website
SHOEBOX Ltd. designs and manufactures innovative hearing testing and screening devices that leverage the power of mobile technology. We offer an alternative approach to traditional equipment that is highly accurate, easy to use, and cost-effective.