Hearing Technology Innovator Awards
Through the annual Hearing Technology Innovator Awards™, HHTM honors technological innovation and achievement in the hearing industry. Voting for the 2023 awards program has now closed. Stay tuned for announcements of this year's winners
The 2022 awards were conferred in the following eight categories
- Hearing Aids
- Personal Listening Devices
- Assistive Technology and Software
- Service Delivery
- Auditory Implants
- Hearing Conservation
A full list of the 2022 winners can be found here.
Voting and Awards
Following closure of the submission period, nominees will be put up for a public vote in September. Voting will be open for a 2-week period and submissions receiving the most votes within each subcategory will be declared winners.
The overall “Innovator of the Year” winner will be determined by an international panel of highly qualified judges, which will decide from among the winners, the submission most deserving of recognition based upon the following criteria:
- Innovation – Technology that represents novel thinking in addressing habilitation of acquired hearing loss, its treatment and delivery.
- Effectiveness – Technological advances that best address limitations of previous generations of technology
- Efficiency – Advances that best close the distance between hearing care and the end-user
- Utility – Innovation that promotes greater ease of use by the end-user and/or practitioner
Winners were announced in October. Category winners were recognized and the Innovator of the Year award winner was announced during the Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA), AuDacity 2022 conference, which took place in Grapevine, Texas on October 20-23, 2022.