HHTM Terms of Service
We do not provide medical, business, audiological, or hearing health advice.
The content at HearingHealthMatters.org, dba HHTM, including text, graphics, images, opinions, or information obtained from links, is provided for informational purposes only. This content should not be considered by anyone as a substitute for medical or other hearing health professional diagnosis, treatment, advice, or recommendations.
HHTM is not involved in retail sales and/or support. If you have a question about a hearing-related product or service, we recommend that you contact the provider you purchased it from, the manufacturer, or another relevant source.
We encourage you to reply to posts that are of interest to you. Our blogs are moderated by their editors, and comments, whether positive or critical, are welcome. However, personal attacks or offensive language will be withheld.
All content at HHTM and its blogs is copyright protected by USA and foreign laws. Title to the content remains with HHTM. Any use of the content not expressly permitted here is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Content and written features may change without notice. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by HHTM.
HHTM will not knowingly publish false statements about another person or persons that causes that person economic or reputational harm. Every effort will be made to verify sources as well as to internally review material prior to its being posted.
Please contact the Editor for permission to republish an HHTM article.
We ask that you follow these guidelines:
- If an article is to be republished online, include the author’s name, the name of his/her blog, the article’s original publication date, the name of the Website, e.g. Bob Traynor, Editor of Hearing International at HHTM, and a link back to the original article. We also ask that you withhold the article from the Google, Bing, and other search indexes. Your Webmaster will be able to advise you on this step. Please let us know when the article is published and provide a link.
- If published in print, please credit the article as described above. If space allows, include HHTM’s logo, available on request. Please let us know when the article is published and email a copy to your contact at HHTM.
NOTICE ON COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If we find that content originally published at HHTM has been republished on another Website without permission and/or proper credit, and if the Website owners refuse to rectify the situation or remove the material, we will file requests with search engines under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) to remove the infringing page/s from their search results.
To further our mission of making reliable hearing health and related information available to the public, we accept advertising and sponsorship under strict guidelines. We will refuse any advertisement that we believe is incompatible with our mission.
The presence of an ad on our site does not imply endorsement of the advertised company or product. Advertisers and sponsors must not make unsubstantiated health claims or suggest that HHTM has endorsed a product.
Links To Other Websites
HHTM contains links to other sites. Once you visit another website, whether through an advertisement or content link, HHTM is not responsible for that site’s privacy practices. HHTM does not endorse, and is not, and cannot be, responsible for the content of third-party Web sites that are linked to via text links or advertisements. HHTM does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Use of third-party sites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use described by such sites.
We encourage you to review your browser’s privacy settings, as well as the privacy statements of any website you visit via a link at HHTM.
The views and opinions expressed in posts do not necessarily state or reflect those of HHTM. The information at HHTM is not intended to replace the services of a trained legal or health professional. No one associated with HHTM is engaged in using HHTM as a platform for delivering legal, psychological, health or other professional services. The editors and contributors specifically disclaim any liability, loss or risk, personal or otherwise, which is incurred as a direct or indirect consequence of the use and application of any of the contents of this Web site.
HHTM strives to protect the privacy and identities of our Website visitors, newsletter subscribers, and buyers of our products, and we do not share personal information with third parties.
That said, be advised that you are responsible for protecting the security and privacy of your own email communications with HHTM. If you have any misgivings about disclosing personal information that may be read by associates of HHTM in the normal course of responding to email inquiries, please think twice before you click Send.
The same is true for comments you may leave in reply to HHTM posts. Personal information disclosed in your comments will be public. Comments are moderated by HHTM Editors and each Editor has the discretion to withhold comments that do not conform to our comments policy, including personal and/or inappropriate information. However, you are ultimately responsible for any personal information that you disclose in a public forum.
For additional information about the types of personal information we collect and how it’s managed, continue to the next section on the EU’s General Data Protection Guidelines.
For Eurozone Visitors: General Data Protection Guidelines (GDPR)
What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
- When you visit HHTM, we collect information that helps us monitor the site’s health to keep it safe for you and other visitors, manage backend processes, develop content, and facilitate informational searches across the HHTM blog network. However, your IP address, which can reveal your geographic location and other personal information, is anonymized to protect your privacy.
- When you comment on a blog post, WordPress by default asks for your name and email address. HHTM has made these fields optional; you can provide your name and email address and also subscribe to the comment thread, or not. By default, next time you close your browser this information will be deleted. (A browser is the program you use to access the Web, e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)
- When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your first and last name, city/state/zip code, email address, and area of interest.
- When you buy an HHTM eBook via Shopify, they will collect your personal information, process the payment, and facilitate the download of the eBook to your computer or other device. They’ll collect your full name, email address, and payment method, which includes billing address, phone number/s, and payment information, such as credit card and/or PayPal account information. We do not use personal information gathered via Shopify for any other purpose or share it with third parties, and we do not have access to your payment information.
Subject Access Requests and Corrections of Personal Information
Please contact us to submit a Subject Access Request (SAR) to receive a copy of any personal information that we may have about you, correct inaccurate information, or delete your personal information.
1718 E. Speedway Blvd, #4058
Tucson, AZ 85719
We will provide the first copy of your SAR free of charge. We will charge $15.00 for each additional copy. In the event an SAR would be considered “unreasonable” or “excessive” under the GDPR we will refer your request to our attorneys in the United States and charge their standard hourly rate for document requests.
TO PROTECT THE PRIVACY AND IDENTITIES OF OUR VISITORS, SUBSCRIBERS, AND ECOMMERCE CUSTOMERS:
- If submitting a SAR for yourself, you must provide us with proof of your identity.
- If making a request on another person’s behalf, you must provide us with proof of your own and the other person’s identity, as well as proof that you’re legally acting on this person’s behalf.
- Contact Shopify if requesting personal information collected at the time you purchased an HHTM eBook. We do not retain our customers’ personal financial information or payment methods. BE ADVISED: We will report persistent attempts to obtain any individual’s personal financial information to Shopify and federal authorities.
Efforts to comply with the GDPR are a courtesy to European Union visitors and should not be interpreted to supersede the laws of the government of the United States or relevant state and local jurisdictions.
How to Opt-In or Opt-Out
You may opt-in to receive information about products and services offered by HHTM or other companies. To subscribe to our weekly newsletter or other HHTM publications please email us at [email protected].
You may also opt-out of receiving communications from HHTM at any time for any reason by unsubscribing.