KITCHENER, ONTARIO – Unitron has announced the launch of its newest hearing aid platform, Discover Next. The new technology that “helps people get to the heart of conversations with superior speech understanding in any environment making even the softest-spoken people easier to understand”.
“Our smallest lithium-ion RIC (receiver-in-the-canal) MoxiTM Move R joins the product family with hassle-free technology that lasts all day and delivers easy connections to all kinds of favorite tech”, said the company in a press release regarding the launch.
“Our technology-rich solutions deliver better sound performance paired with comfortable products powered by proven-lithium ion battery technology that keeps wearers doing more of what they love.”
–Sandra Fulton, VP Group Marketing
The number one need of hearing instrument wearers is to hear better in noisy environments.1 SoundCore, the signal processor inside Unitron hearing instruments, “combines four powerful technologies to provide a seamless, human-like listening experience that helps wearers hear conversations more clearly and comfortably in every environment”.
Newer features within these technologies is designed to enhance the listening experience further, by helping wearers determine who is talking, location of voices, and subtle cues, like intonation and underlying emotion of words which help improve the overall understanding of meaning in speech.
Unitron Discover Hearing Aids: “Speech understanding is just the beginning”
“We are known for great sound performance that enables superior speech understanding. But conversations are more complex than that. To have truly meaningful interactions, you need more than words alone.” says Donald Hayes, Director of Clinical Research.
The Discover Next platform delivers speech and environmental cues that enable wearers to understand the deeper meaning of words, in both quiet and noisy environments.
Soft speech lift boosts the subtle speech cues without increasing the overall level, providing key information to get to the deeper meaning of quiet conversations.
Spectral Speech is “an exciting new fourth dimension of our premium binaural solution for noisy environments, SpeechPro”. Now, in addition to automatically applying directionality and preserving localization cues, Spectral Speech adds further contrast between speech and noise to help clients better understand words and emotions in complex listening situations.
Products and Accessories Available on the Discover Next platform
- MoxiTM Move R – RIC with lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- MoxiTM Jump R (with telecoil option) – RIC with lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- MoxiTM Fit – RIC with 312 battery
- StrideTM P R – BTE (behind-the-ear) with lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Equalizer – A new feature on the Remote Plus app lets clients adjust the bass, mid and treble
- TV Connector – Watch favorite shows and movies in high-quality stereo sound by wirelessly connecting hearing instruments to the TV or other media devices
- Remote Control – A convenient accessory to discreetly adjust volume and switch programs
- PartnerMic – An easy-to-use lapel worn mic with integrated AirStreamTM technology streams clear speech.
1 Ozmeral, Hoover, Gabbidon, and Eddins (2018). Development of Continuous Number Identification Test (CNIT). Ear and Hearing submitted for publication.