WARRENVILLE, ILLINOIS — Phonak announced this week that its new Marvel hearing aids have been named a 2019 Edison Awards Finalist in the Consumer Electronics & Information Technology category. The Edison Awards, named after Thomas Alva Edison, seeks to recognize and honor world’s best in innovators and innovations.
The Edison Awards will announce gold, silver and bronze award winners at the Edison Awards Gala held Thursday, April 4, 2019 in New York City.
Phonak Marvel Hearing Aids
The Phonak Audéo™ Marvel, which was released for sale in late fall 2018, is the only hearing aid that offers the ability to stream audio content from iPhone, Android smartphones or any number of other Bluetooth enabled devices to both ears in stereo, without an intermediary device.
Marvel hearing aids are lithium-ion rechargeable and offer users access to hearing care through a suite of smart apps that connect hearing aid wearers with their hearing care professional via their smartphone. These include video chat, instant feedback regarding their wearing experience, remote fine-tuning from anywhere in the world, and real-time voice-to-text transcription of phone calls.
According to the company press release, the features and benefits of its new Marvel hearing aids includes:
• Clear, rich sound quality from the moment the hearing aids are fit
• Exceptional speech understanding and reduced listening effort in noisy environments
• The first and only solution to support binaural direct streaming from Android smartphones
• The ability to stream all audio content seamlessly from any Bluetooth device, including iPhone, Android, Macs and PCs, TVs and billions of other devices to both ears in stereo
• Truly hands-free phone conversations thanks to on-board microphones that allow wearers to “talk through” their hearing aids
• Industry-leading lithium-ion rechargeability that allows a full day of hearing and streaming on a single charge
All nominations to this year’s Edison Awards were reviewed by the Edison Awards Steering Committee and the final ballot sent to an independent judging panel. The judging panel was comprised of more than 3,000 professionals from the fields of product development, design, engineering, science, marketing and education, including professional organizations representing a wide variety of industries and disciplines.
Source: Phonak, Edison Awards
Leave a Reply