STAFA, SWITZERLAND — Phonak has introduced Marvel 2.0, the next generation of Marvel technology developed to give hearing aid wearers “even more hearing performance, more connectivity and more choice”.
With Marvel 2.0, Phonak is making RogerDirect™ available to all Marvel hearing aids while also expanding Marvel technology to more form factors. The company says the new portfolio includes the Phonak Audéo™ M-RT, what it says is the world’s only all-in-one hearing aid combining direct connectivity with iOS and Android, T-coil and rechargeability.
The Audéo M-RT builds upon Marvel’s industry-leading features such as universal Bluetooth® connectivity, lithium-ion rechargeability, binaural direct streaming, and integrated telecoil while adding RogerDirect for improved hearing performance in loud noise and over distance.
Marvel 2.0: Offering Enhanced Hearing Performance
Since 2013, Roger® remote microphone technology has helped users understand more easily in loud noise and over distance by wirelessly transmitting a speaker’s voice directly to the listener. However, until now, hearing aid wearers had to plug an extra receiver and/or audio shoe into their hearing aids or use an intermediary streamer to receive the Roger signal.
Marvel hearing aids with RogerDirect eliminate the need for extra components or accessories needed to receive the Roger signal, resulting in a device that’s up to 42% smaller.
All current Audéo Marvel wearers can access the RogerDirect feature via a firmware upgrade available via their independent hearing care professional.
The addition of RogerDirect adds to Marvel’s reputation for providing one of the industry’s leading hearing performance.
According to a recent company survey1:
- 95% of hearing care professionals (HCPs) would recommend Marvel hearing aids to their peers
- 92% stated the biggest advantage of Marvel is the combination of universal connectivity and rechargeability without compromising on sound quality
- 90% of HCPs say Marvel hearing aids provide first-time wearers with exceptional sound quality from the first fit
“When Phonak first launched Marvel technology in November 2018, hearing aid wearers around the world finally had access to the ultimate all-in-one hearing solution combining universal Bluetooth connectivity, lithium-ion rechargeability whilst delivering clear and rich sound from the get go. We called it: “love at first sound,” stated Martin Grieder, Global Vice President of Marketing for Sonova. “With the addition of RogerDirect, the Marvel portfolio builds on that success by empowering all Marvel hearing aids to tackle two of the most challenging issues hearing aid wearers still face: hearing in noise and over distance.”
In addition to RogerDirect, Marvel hearing aids are now capable of pairing two Bluetooth audio devices at the same time. This is especially useful for wearers who own two mobile phones, or for those who regularly stream from both a smartphone and any other Bluetooth device, including desktops, laptops, tablets and more.
With the optional TV Connector, Marvel wearers can also stream high definition audio from their TVs directly to both hearing aids while keeping two Bluetooth slots open for their other devices.
Phonak Marvel technology has been expanded to provide more choice for both independent hearing care professionals and consumers.
In addition to the Audéo Marvel family, the Marvel portfolio now includes:
- Phonak Bolero™ Marvel: The Bolero M is said to be the world’s first BTE hearing aid that directly streams all audio content from iOS® and Android™ devices. It also features a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery engineered to last at least six years, giving wearers a full day of hearing including streaming on a single charge. Featuring AutoSense OS™ 3.0, Bolero Marvel makes hearing effortless by sensing the surroundings and automatically making the necessary adjustments in real-time.
- Phonak Sky™ Marvel: The Sky M product family introduces a unique combination of Phonak technology and ease of use. The Sky M lineup is available in a wide range of colors and sizes, and is designed to help children with mild, moderately severe, severe and profound degrees of hearing loss. Sky M offers the “first bespoke operating system designed for children, 24 percent better speech understanding in noise, maximum access to all speech sounds, and a powerful rechargeable battery that lasts all day”.
Updated myPhonak App
Phonak has also announced an update to the myPhonak app that is designed to give wearers a more enhanced and personalized hearing experience.
In addition to existing Remote Support and Hearing Diary functionality, the enhanced myPhonak app now features more advanced customization options including noise reduction, speech focus and more.
For ease of use, Phonak Marvel remote control as well as distant fitting is now fully integrated into the updated myPhonak app.
All Marvel technology is based on Phonak’s AutoSense OS 3.0 platform that was developed using artificial intelligence to automatically learn, detect and adapt to provide the best hearing experience in any listening environment.
AutoSense OS is proven to deliver superior performance in complex listening situations, reduce listening effort in complex multi-talker listening situations, and provide a rich sound experience when streaming any audio content to both ears from any Bluetooth device.2
The Audéo Marvel-RT, Bolero Marvel and Sky Marvel will begin shipping in select countries on August 26. Additional information, visuals and videos about Phonak Marvel technology are available at www.phonak.com, www.phonakpro.com/marvel and on YouTube here.
- Phonak market survey #1241 “Marvel Post Launch Research B2B,” survey conducted in Canada, Germany, USA, January 2019 (215 participants). Please contact [email protected]
- Schulte, M., Vormann, M., Heeren, J., Latzel, M., & Appleton-Huber, J. (2019). AutoSense OS – Superior speech intelligibility and less listening effort in complex listening situations, Phonak Field Study News, Retrieved from www.phonakpro.com/evidence, accessed August 19, 2019.
- Bluetooth® word mark is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such mark by Sonova AG is under license. IOS is a trademark of Cisco Technology, Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC.