Hearing Health & Technology Matters today announces the winners of its third annual Hearing Technology Innovator Awards™. Through the annual awards program, HHTM honors technological innovation and achievement in the hearing industry.
This year’s expanded program was the most competitive yet and received entries from some of the most innovative companies from around the world.
“With the culmination of this year’s Awards, the breadth of vision, creativity, and inspiration shows,” said 2022 Program Chair, Jerry DeRosa. “Our industry benefits from these advancements and by rewarding ingenuity and honoring excellence we confirm they are deserving of that recognition.”
- Behind The Ear: Stride B UP
- Custom: Starkey Evolv AI
- Design: Customs by ReSound
- RIC: Phonak Audeo Life
- Non-Traditional: Jabra Enhance Plus
- Direct to Consumer ITE: Eargo 6
- Direct to Consumer BTE: Sontro AI-S
Personal Listening Device
Assistive Technology & Software
- Audio & Induction Loop Systems: AB Transistor T-Sign
- Caption Technology: Mobile Apps: InnoCaption
- Personal Amplification: Software: aiso™ for Hearing by AudioTelligence
- Mobile Apps: Hearing Devices: Widex My Sound
- Hearing & Balance: Auditdata Measure
- Verification and Validation: Redux
- Mobile Testing: SHOEBOX PureTest
- Otoscopy and Ear Scanning: Tympa System
- Telehealth: Tuned
- Remote Care: Maudey
- Tinnitus Management: Tinnibot
- Clinical Products: LightBeam® Ear Curettes
- Hearing and Auditory Training: LACE Auditory Training
- Practice Management: Auditdata Manage
- Bone Conduction Implants: Cochlear Osia System
- Cochlear Implants: iotaSOFT Insertion System
- Education & Training: Cochlear™ Recipient Solutions Managers
Prevention & Therapeutics
Innovator of the Year: iotaMotion
This year’s Innovator of the Year title has been awarded to iotaMotion for the company’s ioatSOFT insertion system. The iotaSOFT system is a robotic-assisted insertion technology intended to aid surgeons in the placement of cochlear implant electrode arrays by controlling the speed of insertion.
The technology can be used with electrodes across implant manufacturers and was specifically designed for seamless integration in the operating room to enable the surgeon to insert the electrode “beyond human capability”.
The company received the most votes by an independent judge’s panel, based on the following criteria.
- Innovation – Technology that represents novel thinking in addressing habilitation of acquired hearing loss, its treatment and delivery.
- Effectiveness – Technological advances that best address limitations of previous generations of technology
- Efficiency – Advances that best close the distance between hearing care and the end-user
- Utility – Innovation that promotes greater ease of use by the end-user and/or practitioner
“iotaMotion, a company focused on advancing CI surgery beyond human capability, is thrilled to win Innovator of the Year,” said company CEO, Mike Lobinsky. “The iotaSOFT® Insertion System was designed by experts in otolaryngology with a goal of addressing an unmet need that we believe will greatly impact the CI industry for years to come. “
About the Hearing Technology Innovator Awards
The Hearing Technology Innovator Awards™ is an international awards program designed to recognize and celebrate innovation within the hearing industry. Since its inception, the program has helped raise over $20,000 for hearing charities. Learn more at https://hearinghealthmatters.org/hearing-technology-innovator-awards/
Hearing Health & Technology Matters (HHTM) provides timely information and lively insights to anyone who cares about hearing loss. Readers and contributors are drawn from many sectors of the hearing field, including practitioners, researchers, manufacturers, educators, and, importantly, consumers with hearing loss and those who love them. By involving all these groups, we hope to bridge the gaps in knowledge that so often divide them. To learn more, visit HearingHealthMatters.org.