The Lucid Hearing Fio is an Over-the-Counter hearing aid that aims to provide a discreet and affordable solution (MSRP $999.99) for individuals with mild to moderate hearing loss.
According to the company, Fio is customized out of the box with a series of four universally applicable preset settings developed through the review of over 90K audiograms in conjunction with the University of Texas-Dallas covering over 94% of environmental conditions.
“Fio is focused on delivering the most comfortable fit and function for the active individual who is looking to maximize every moment of their lives. Hearing health is a right of every individual and our goal at Lucid Hearing is to simply help people hear better and part of that responsibility is to make products that are ready for use, discreet in nature and empower the end user to customize their hearing profile.”
The Fio device comes in the completely-in-canal (CIC) style that is available only in silver.
What’s in the box?
When you receive your Lucid Hearing Fio system, it includes:
- 2 Fio devices, one for each ear.
- Product manual.
- 6 pairs of Vented and Non-Vented Ear Tips.
- Charging Case: Safely store and charge your Fio devices overnight or on the go.
- USB-C Power Cord: Easily connect the Fio case to a wall outlet or USB port for charging.
- 10 replacement Wax Stops.
- Cleaning Tool for home maintenance.
Beyond what is physically included in the box, the company also offers:
- Lifetime support to ensure maximize the benefits and sound quality of your Lucid devices, with access to licensed audiologists and hearing instrument specialists.
- LucidShape is an advanced app that allows for user-controlled customizable sound settings in real time, including Live Environment and Balance Left/Right adjustments (Android and iPhone)
- Online Video Tutorials
- One-year warranty
Setup and Battery Life
Lucid Hearing simplifies the setup process with its self-fitting functionality, powered by the LucidShape app. To begin, users need to register and download the mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Pairing and connecting the Fio system (Charger and Hearing Aids) with the app is straightforward.
After placing the devices in the ears, users have access to an onboard hearing test that allows for sounds to be customized to an individual’s hearing sensitivity. Users can also adjust the volume and sound quality using the mobile app; however, the devices must be placed in the recharging case during app adjustments (no in-the-ear adjustments).
The app comes standard with 4 preset acoustic profiles that are most common to listeners with mild to moderate hearing loss. The app allows users to further adjust the clarity/sound quality/volume, as well as the acoustical listening environment.
Lucid Fio Features
Key features of the Lucid Fio includes:
- Moisture Resistance: Nano-coating that provides resistance to moisture.
- Discreet in-the-ear design.
- App-controlled customizable sound settings.
- All-day comfort and battery life.
- Full charge in 2.5 hours
- Up to 16 hours of rechargeable battery life
- 1 year warranty
Overall, the Lucid Hearing Fio provides adults with hearing difficulties a discreet solution to improve their ability to hear conversational speech with clarity, while reducing noise in challenging communication environments (restaurants, group settings).