LAS VEGAS, NEVADA — Australian audio device maker, Nuheara, announced the launch of IQbuds™ MAX at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. The company says the new devices are “the first intelligent hearing buds with Active Noise Cancellation”.
IQbuds MAX are the latest addition to Nuheara’s growing lineup of intelligent hearing buds and accessories, which according to the company “offer an affordable and accessible way to hear better”.
“One in six people are hearing-challenged and the majority of them with mild to moderate hearing loss are currently unserved. We have created IQbuds MAX for them. With IQbuds MAX you can do your own hearing assessment and auto-calibrate your buds using EarID from the comfort of your home. In just 10 minutes you can start to hear better with the world’s most advanced hearing bud personalized for you.”
–David Cannington, Nuheara co-founder
With the help of a convenient mobile app, Nuheara’s unique EarID™ technology enables the user to assess their own hearing and then automatically calibrates IQbuds MAX to their personal hearing profile for an improved listening experience.
IQbuds Max Features and Technology
According to the announcement, the new IQbuds MAX features include:
- Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation — Advanced filtering circuitry creates cancellation waves in the ear to reduce distracting sounds. With the tap of a finger, users can block external noises.
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing — Using three microphones to analyze and process sounds both inside and outside the ear, the IQbuds MAX triple core DSP system “delivers optimal hearing fidelity and the most natural enhanced sound ever in a hearing bud”. The new IQbuds MAX are said to have five times more processing power than the company’s popular IQbuds BOOST.
- Sonic Accuracy — A large 9.2mm dynamic driver is said to deliver improved sound quality, especially bass, which can be an issue with some smaller earbuds.
- Dual Noise Isolation — Noise mitigation is achieved using passive isolation and hybrid ANC. For example, high-frequency traffic noise is blocked through passive noise cancellation, while low-frequency aircraft noise is isolated and eliminated with active noise cancellation.
- Smart Sensors — Automatically enable or disable sound based on when the user is wearing the IQbuds MAX.
- True Personalization — Nuheara’s proprietary EarID allows the user to assess their own hearing from the comfort of their home and then automatically calibrate the IQbuds to their own personal hearing profile. IQbuds MAX optimizes a 12-band wide dynamic range compression (WDRC) system for hearing augmentation.
The IQbuds MAX come with a magnetic charging case that delivers up to 32 hours of on-the-go hearing enhancement and 20 hours of Bluetooth streaming. Additionally, the new devices are compatible with Bluetooth 5, offering faster transfer over a longer range.
At this year’s CES event in Las Vegas, Nuheara also officially launched it’s new TV streaming device: IQstream TV.
The new IQstream TV adapter allows users users with IQbuds BOOST and IQbuds MAX to stream TV audio directly into their smart buds without affecting the sound from the TV or home theater speakers. Users can adjust their volume independently and balance the level of the TV with other sounds in the room, so they can participate in conversations while also streaming TV.
Both the IQbuds MAX and IQstream TV will be demonstrated for the first time at CES Unveiled, January 6, 2019. Nuheara will also demonstrate both products throughout CES 2019, in the Sands Expo at booth #44946.